Within the first 6 months of work, you will design, prototype, implement and
deploy one or more core Showingbook platform services.
The process will include developing an early understanding of the product,
documenting design and code details and participating in peer code reviews. The
resulting service will require integration with other existing Showingbook
systems, as well as with Showingbook’s performance and availability monitoring
- Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage, working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment) - cowboy coders need not apply.
- Collaborate across the company and interact with our customers (software engineers) to define, design and built new APIs
- Tackle complex problems in distributed computing, virtualization performance, distributed queuing, real-time DSP (audio processing), and more.
To apply for the role of Software Engineer, you should have some or all of the following:
- A Bachelors or preferably Masters degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Proficient background in networking, operating systems, and security
- 0-3+ Years of engineering experience with Python, PHP, C, C++ or Java
- Knowledge of unit and integration testing methodologies, and the ability to write, debug and deploy testing frameworks
- Experience with traditional RDBMS databases, such as MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, etc.
- Contributions to open source software projects
- Knowledge of document, key/value or other non-relational database system such as Redis, HBase, BigTable, Dynamo, etc.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architectures, layer 3 and 7 load balancers, and monitoring tools
- Good communication and organization skills
- Macs, two if you need ‘em. Big ‘ol monitors.
- Meritocracy! We reward the awesome.
Showingbook is an equal opportunity employer. Employment here is based solely upon one’s individual merit and
qualifications directly related to professional competence. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, medical condition,
sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by law. We will also make all
reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state